Saturday, June 6, 2020

Fred's Red

This beauty came as a bonus plant from the seller Johnnyappleseed off the day lily auction site. I can't wait to see it in person!

Daylily Fred's Red

Color: dark red star with green and yellow throat, and yellow midribs, very long bloomer, bud builder

Parentage: (Benzinger sdlg × Benzinger sdlg)
scape height  44 in, (112 cm)
bloom size  7 in, (18 cm)
bloom season  Very Late
ploidy  Diploid
foliage type  Semi-Evergreen
bloom habit  Extended
bud count  34
branches  5
seedling #  BVL4W

8/2020 Update:
I have 2 scapes that are getting ready to open their first buds. I anticipate meeting this beauty in a couple weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summore Bananas and Bubble Gum (unregistered seedling)

 2024 Update: No extra fans. This is one of my seedlings. I do not have statistics for it yet. I'll update as I have data.