Sunday, June 14, 2020

Scapes!

With the exception of Blue Bubble, I spotted scapes for the first time today! I tried to get a picture with the name tags.

 I think it was Kingdom Without End that I let flower last year and they were stunning blooms!
Jungle Man has only been in the garden a few weeks. This double fan arrived in beautiful condition with large, healthy roots. It will be exciting to see this in person!
 This scape is from Northern Fancy. I took a quick snap while I was watering and didn't have the name tag handy.
 This plant is a mystery plant. It's a tetraploid that I got last fall from Lewis Daylilies, but the name tag disappeared. I have to wait for the bloom to figure out which plant this is.
 This is the second scape coming off the previous mystery plant. Which ever it is, it's a hearty plant!
 This Tango Dos is closer to the sidewalk in the horseshoe garden on the east side of the house.
This Tango Dos is closer to the house in the horseshoe garden bed.

















This is Blue Bubble. I received this plant a couple weeks ago and look at it go! There are three fans here. I figured that I would let the scape go and see what happens. If it over taxes one, I have two more I can cut way back.

As of today, there are 7 pods developing on the scape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summore Bananas and Bubble Gum (unregistered seedling)

 2024 Update: No extra fans. This is one of my seedlings. I do not have statistics for it yet. I'll update as I have data.