Thursday, May 19, 2022

Blue Venom (Shooter-E., 2001)

2024 Update: No extra fans.

I purchased 'Blue Venom' (Shooter-E., 2001) from Rosewood Daylily Farm run by Mike and Kathy Slater



Seedling # 90-36A

Color: wine red with magenta veins and blue lavender eye above chartreuse throat


Scape height 28 in, (71 cm) 
Bloom size 5 in, (13 cm) 
Bloom season Midseason-Late, Rebloom 
Ploidy Diploid 
Foliage type Semi-Evergreen 
Fragrance Very Fragrant 
Bloom habit Diurnal 
Bud count 12 
Branches 2

I'm not 100% sure why I ordered this daylily except that it was close to purple. It has a small bloom and it's a short plant. I don't think I'll use it for my hybridzing program, but I'll put it in a display area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summore Bananas and Bubble Gum (unregistered seedling)

 2024 Update: No extra fans. This is one of my seedlings. I do not have statistics for it yet. I'll update as I have data.