Thursday, May 28, 2020

Notify Ground Crew (Hanson-C., 2000)

2024 Update: No extra scapes.

I never planned on buying a regular yellow day lily until I saw this one. The blooms grow taller than me! I am going to cross this with everything and see what else I can get that towers.




Color: yellow self

Parentage: (Tetrinas Daughter × Tet. Purity)
scape height  72 in, (183 cm)
bloom size  5 in, (13 cm)
bloom season  Midseason
ploidy  Tetraploid
foliage type  Dormant
fragrance  Fragrant
bloom habit  Nocturnal
seedling #  TD TPUR

8/2020 Update: Notify Ground Crew put off a scape, but didn't have a lot of foliage to help support it. The scape fell over and the bend in the stalk caused the plant to abort it. No blooms for 2020, but I think it will do better next year.

2023 Update: As the root system has grown and there are multiple fans supporting the scapes, the flowers are almost as tall as I am at 5' 10". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summore Bananas and Bubble Gum (unregistered seedling)

 2024 Update: No extra fans. This is one of my seedlings. I do not have statistics for it yet. I'll update as I have data.